Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Speed Trap

So I'm sitting at the door today, looking longingly out at the frisbee on the porch, and I notice there are some cops hanging out at the top of our drive. What are they up to, I wonder. Behold! Miracle of miracles! They are pulling people over for speeding. Those people that blaze by on my street, in huge SUVs and fancy sports cars at 50 MPH. The ones who didn't even slow down when I escaped the dog run that one time and went up onto MacArthur to hitch a ride. Man are they gonna slow down today. Thank you Montgomery county police! I even went up to thank them personally, but they were too busy busting people for me to lick them. So awesome!

Yesterday was another great day, by the way. I was preparing to entertain guests in the evening -- my buddy Atlas the 6 mo. old beagle, who I'd never met but loved on first site, and wrestled with and chomped on all night while everyone else ate and gabbed.

I'm always the first to figure out what's going on, so while we were waiting for Atlas, there was someone else--a stranger--at the door, I sat there and checked her out intently from behind the screen. She was a lovely golden retreiver --- we recognized her from the house across the creek. When we opened the door, she came bolting in, made a beeline for my bowl and downed all the rest of my food. Go Molly! We called her parents, and indeed, she had just wandered across the creek into our yard and walzed right up to the front door. Rad! She and I played in the creek, which is gross but I like it.

Then Atlas showed up and we went at it for several hours. Whew! I'm actually worn out, between puppy playtime and jogging a mile in the afternoon. I could have gone farther, but SOMEBODY gets all tired and sweaty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home