Friday, September 16, 2005

The Big Izzy


I'm getting huge. I grow almost every day, you can see the difference in me overnight. I'm getting so big that it's hard to run, I outgrow my ability to control my body every day, so I'm a little spastic.

More about my history: I was found by Kristy and Jason on or about July 4th, outside of the SPCA in Baltimore, MD. It was 10PM, I was chained to a pole, and I was yo-yoing out into the road. So Jason couldn't leave me there in mortal danger and all alone. He took me home, and next to me was a blue plastic bin full of puppy supplies and he took that home too. I was only 3 months old~! Can you believe someone abandoned me like that?

Jaon and Kristy loved me at once, but they already had Brooklyn, so they called Liz and she already had Henry, so she couldn't keep me either~and my parents were hanging out with Liz, but they are poor, and they couldn't really afford to keep me either, but they wanted to, so they did anyway, which was great. They met me north of Baltimore at the park and ride, and they fell in love with me at first sight. My little ears stuck up straight, I was tiny and sleepy and cute, and that's all it took.

I was motored away down into Maryland, curled up in the lap of my new mom. When I got to my new home, I peed on the floor for a few days until I got the hang of things, and I played and adjusted to my new surroundings, went to bike races and slept because they are boring to watch. I grew and grew, and now I've doubled in size since those days, and it has only been a little more than two months.

I guess the moral of the story is, (and these are my only deep thoughts on the hurricane that has displaced so many thousands of my canine and other friends) you can adapt to anything, and the place you find yourself may be even better than the place you left, if you look on the bright side. Good luck to everyone in their migrations.

And if you want to send donations, please send me a fancy collar from Fox and Hounds.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

let me tell ya Izzy.... you are one lucky dog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home