Monday, October 10, 2005

Conditioning

I don't want to dwell on the surgery. Suffice it to say, I have staples and a lampshade, and I'm hiding from the camera. I'd like to see you try to feel pretty in an, "Elizabethan Collar," which earns me the nickname conehead. At first I was having trouble walking a straight line, but today I'm back to running in the creek. This is problematic with the lampshade, which works like a big scoop and gets water all up in my face.

Today I also got a new trainer. She's pretty great, she has a huge 11 year old GSD named Getty, and she spits cheese out of her mouth to him. I hope I can live up to her standards. Or at least get her to spit some cheese my way.

Annie Minnesota will be pleased to hear that the rain felled a dead tree behind our house, and perhaps she'll be unsurprised to hear that the tree is still performing evil deeds--today as a final vengeful act it reached out to grab my lampshade and caught me.

If you need me, I'll be in the henhouse, playing with my chicken friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home